Teaching essay composition and literary analysis to undergraduate students has been the foundation of my career as an educator. Two required courses, ENGL 1100 (Introduction to University Writing) and ENGL 1202 (Topics in Literature), are the mainstays of my schedule. For ENGL 1202, a topics-based introduction to literature, I approach it through the thematic lens of "home" and what it represents.
I have enjoyed the challenge of teaching both of these required courses in three different modes of delivery: face-to-face, mixed-mode, and fully online.
KPU offers a Bachelor of Arts degree in English, with options for a major or a minor.
As part of that program, I teach the following courses:
- ENGL 2301 (Canadian Literature)
- ENGL 2350 (Critical Studies in Film)
- ENGL 3345 (Diasporic Literatures)
- ENGL 4300 (Writing and Persuasion Beyond the Classroom)
- ENGL 4401 (Topics in Canadian Literature)
- ENGL 4350 (Topics in Film Studies)